Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday shop post - Quintessential Duck Egg Blue

Well I think I'm going to have to take a quick trip up to Sydney soon because I'm falling in love with so many Sydney shops lately (I have a business trip planned for mid-January so I might just tuck in a 'personal' day either side of the trip). My latest crush is Quintessential Duck Egg Blue, owned by Leanne Carter-Taylor and situated at 497 Darling Street, Balmain.  I actually think very few words are required for this post because the gorgeous images speak for themselves.


Luscious enamel ware


Antique clocks



David Edmonds ceramics



More gorgeous David Edmonds ceramics


French industrial cabinets - they'd make great bedside tables!



Rustic French patisserie boxes with time-worn green lettering



Vintage tram rolls and leather club chairs



A pigeon hole unit in which to display lots of lovely objects



Vintage suitcases (which we all know make for attractive storage)



Fabulous wallpaper that makes you feel like you're in the middle of some grand library (I have seen this wallpaper elsewhere but I can't for the life of me remember who produces it. Do you know?)


More fabulous wallpaper, flanked by two leather & timber Russian gym benches.

And my personal favourite...this German industrial cabinet:



You can check out more of this loveliness at Quintessential Duck Egg Blue's site.  I just know that I won't be able to leave this store empty-handed.  Has anyone visited this vintage & industrial store - is it as heavenly as it looks in these pictures? Of course I'll just have to go find out for myself.

(All images from Quintessential Duck Egg Blue)

15 comments:

Kifus said...

Vintage is so beautiful! Thanks for showing these pics and for the link. I'd love to give my gymnastic crazy son those Russian gym benches!

Brabourne Farm said...

Hi Lee

Yes this shop is every bit as heavenly as it looks - it's an absolute treasure trove of gorgeous things. You'll love it. Hope your week in Perth went well. Leigh

Shelley Trbuhovich said...

hey lee, it's deborah bowness with the wallpapers - lyn gardner at empire vintage has them for us melbournites. how gorgeous are they?!
cannot believe i was staying in this very place a month ago and due to my little bloke's complete and utter aversion to any shop related activity (both of them!), i had to pass it by on several occasions!

One of my Hobby Blogs said...

well I can see why you want to go there! don't take your cc... lol

mondocherry said...

I'm putting it on my list for my next trip to Sydney too - might need to charter an empty plane to carry all my purchases back home again!
Clare x

Windlost said...

What a beautiful shop - I agree - I want to shop there too! I love everything.

xo Terri

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh it's just gorgeous Lee and that book wallpaper.... wonderful! A-M xx

Searching for Sporadic Surprises said...

What a fabulous shop. Thanks for the tip, I will have to drop in when I'm next in Sydney too!
Diana

Millie said...

A reccie for blog research purposes is an absolute must Lee - what a treasure!
Millie ^_^

Kellie Collis said...

My husband and I love this shop. The furniture and the stories behind each piece is magic x

Bree Oliver said...

I love this shop, I have picked up some great finds from here.

Angela Furlong said...

It is one of my fav shops... pity I can never afford a thing in it!

paige renee said...

I just recently found your blog and love your beautiful "glimpses". I actually enjoy them so much that I just chose you for the "From me to you" Flower Award. It is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. I received it a few weeks ago and am now passing it on. To see your award, please go to www.apaigeinhistory.blogspot.com. :)

Oliveaux said...

I spy some fabulous pieces. A great shop! Ax

Dallas Shaw said...

great stuff at this place!
dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin