I've been inspired to start blogging by my sister and all the fantastic decor blogs that I've come across in blogland. Since I'm a bit of a technophobe, it's taken me a while to pluck up the courage to put my fingers to the keyboard and actually create something. Plus, my photography skills are pretty rudimentary. But ... nothing ventured, nothing gained! So I'll give it my best shot.
What I hope to 'gain' from this blog is a record of the glimpses of style that I come across in my everyday journeys; those things that I find interesting and stylish. I hope that others might find them interesting too.
So, for my very first post, here's a pic of my desk. I work from home and sit at my desk each day so I like my desk to have on it just a few of the things that I enjoy...
- Voluspa candles (my husband gave me the Capri Fig Frangipani candle and it smells and looks divine)
- A postcard of a linocut by Ethel Spowers that was created in 1936
- Flowers (you can never have too many in your home!)
- Buttons - in various shapes, colours and sizes
- Jurlique lavender hand cream (a gift from my wonderful friend Alex)