Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ceramics by Peter Battaglene

These ceramics by Peter Battaglene are both beautiful and functional. I love the geometric patterns on these pieces (particularly the vases in the last pic). You can see more of Peter's work here.


The question is, would you actually use these gorgeous pieces, or would you only have them on display as artwork?
All images are from Handmark Gallery. This Tasmanian gallery represents many very talented artists and you can view many inspirational art works on their site.
Late next month I'm heading off to Tasmania for the weekend and I hope that I can see these beautiful ceramics first hand (and perhaps purchase one if I save my pennies).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh...oohh...let me check their website!!

Brabourne Farm said...

One of each please!

from the right bank said...

Gorgeous! I would definitely use them and they would make me smile each time I did.

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

weak in the knees over these

Julie@beingRUBY said...

very nice... feeds my blue & white obsession. Just love the little bowls... Great find!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love this! I'm one of those two color polka dot gals! Blue and white, be still my heart!
Brenda

Dot said...

What stunning pottery Lee! Thanks for sharing these photo's with us.

Hope you find some you like when you are in Tassie with the girls.

Dot x

Jacky said...

Wow... I'm really looking forward to Tasmania ...this gallery looks amazing. Saving my pennies too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin