Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Designer rugs

Here in Australia it seems that every time you open a homewares magazine yet another designer is trying their hand at designing rugs. The cross-pollination makes sense of course, and it was probably only a matter of time. Indeed, Designer Rugs has collaborated with quite a few designers to create some striking ranges of rugs, including...

Fashion and textile designer Georgia Chapman of Vixen...

Pamela Easton and Lydia Pearson of renown Australian fashion team Easton Pearson...

Creative design dynamo Catherine Martin...

Jewellery and homewares designers Dinosaur Designs...

Internationally famous fashion designer Akira Isogawa...

And now Australian textile, accessories & homewares designer Nicola Cerini (known mainly for her handbags) has recently added another string to her bow with the release of a very vibrant range of rugs available through her own company.

The seed pod rug (which is my favourite in the range)...

The ocean inspired Neptunes Necklage rug...

The Poppy rug...

The Club Rush rug inspired by native plants...

And the very vivid Impatiens rug...
(Images: 1-5 Designer Rugs; 6-10 Nicola Cerini)

7 comments:

Brown Button Trading said...

Easton Pearson wins for me hands down. x

Kellie Collis said...

I adore the Easton Pearson design. So true to their signature style. Kellie x

Jacky said...

Lee these rugs are divine. Love, love, love the first one by Vixen, but then I saw seed pod by Nicola Cerini...Ohhh to own one of those.

Lee you will have to pop by Robyns blog as she done a post you will love!

Thanks for sharing my Sunday with me and all those wonderful goodies we made for my friends (you're such a good sister)...and special thanks to my generous and lovely brother in law Rob. LOVE the new ensuite!!! Feels like I'm in a hotel.

Blair Friedeman said...

Oh my, these are all amazing! Love the seed pod one.

Kilim Rugs said...

Inreresting rugs, I really liked the club rush and the poppy rug...

Dot said...

Oh Lee - what a wonderful post! I love this collection of rugs (that poppy one reminds me of Ro! And I adore Dinosaur Designs (hope to own one of their pieces one day).
Love visiting your blog and seeing all the gorgeous eye candy.
Hope you are having a good week.
Dot xx

Thea said...

Nicola's rug designs are great. I didn't know she was doing them.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin