Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday morning shop post - The Upholstery Gallery

The shop in this Monday's post isn't actually in Melbourne, it's in Ballarat - a large country town about an hour and half drive from Melbourne. I found the The Upholstery Gallery whilst looking online for some upholstery fabric for my bedroom window seat.

The shop looks cute - it strikes me as being a bit of a country general store for design & homewares in that it stocks upholstery fabrics (obviously!!), giftware, chairs, cushions, lamps, mirrors, jewellery, wallpaper, occasional tables and even some clothing. In other words, it sells a bit of everything.

I wonder if my girlfriend Alex (who hails from Ballarat) has been to this store? Mmmm, I'll have to quiz her about it next time we get together. Now despite what you may think, I don't spend a lot of my time shopping, and this is another shop that I haven't actually stepped foot in (yet)! Next time I'm in Ballarat, or passing through, I'll head to The Upholstery Gallery to check out the fabrics from Amy Butler, Cloth, Marimekko, the Florence Broadhurst wallpapers and other gorgeous stuff....
A simple red & white exterior colour scheme makes you want to step inside. Love the fabric on that cushion!
A veritable feast for the eyes...
Cushions covered in Amy Butler fabric all jumbled on the turquoise couch...


The B&W Florence Broadhurst wallpaper makes a striking feature on the counter...

They've even squeezed in a lovely little cafe...

I love the set of red tin canisters sitting on top of the shelves...

5 comments:

Jane said...

Hey that looks really great. Ballarat is a reasonably stylish place, I have always thought but this looks like they have raised the stakes. I love Marimekko, reminds me of my childhood.

Sweet Style said...

Hi Lee - what a fabulous store - could be very dangerous.

I meant to drop you a message over the weekend to let you know I have tagged you to play along with My Heart so thanks for stopping by and letting me know you read my post - hope you are recovering and I look forward to reading about Your Heart.
Leanne

mondocherry said...

Another lovely shop that I would definitely come away from clutching bags of goodies! Hope your foot is all better now.
Clare x

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hope your feeling better Lee. That shop looks great even before getting inside and then it is just like a candy store!! It would be tough to keep the purse closed!! x Julie

count it all joy said...

Amy Butler, Florence Broadhurst, a little cafe and happy red chairs out the front....it's a recipe for shopping heaven. Ballarat did you say? I'm getting directions right away. Meredith xo.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin