Friday, August 7, 2009

Far away Friday - Grande Provence

Grande Provence Heritage Wine Estate is not in France, as the name might suggest, but rather it's far, far away on the other side of the world in South Africa. Grande Provence was established in 1694 and is situated in the Franschhoek Valley in the Western Cape region of South Africa. And it is a beautiful place that you could while away time...
They offer boutique conference/meeting facilities at the Jonkerhuis (I don't think I'd get too much work done in this beautiful place)...
And they have boutique accommodation in the Owner's Cottage. If I stayed here, I would never want to leave, or at the very least I'd have to squash one of those beautiful armchairs into the boot of my car before I left...

Fireside at the Owner's Cottage with a good glass or red or white wine would be divine...
A beautiful elegant and pared back bedroom space...
What I imagine is the breakfast/informal dining area that leads to the back garden...


The pool area...

And the back garden of the Owner's Cottage...


Grande Provence Heritage Wine Estate is a functioning winery and of course has an incredible cellar door and bar area...

They also have a restaurant on the grounds (which also caters for weddings and functions). Can you imagine just sinking into one of those gorgeous grey armchairs at dinner...

There's also a shop on the Estate that sells the most delicious homewares...


And finally, if all that's not enough, they even have an art gallery that displays and sells the most beautiful art...
For me, this would be a fantasy place to stay. There's so much to look at and do at Grande Provence, I don't think I'd bored at all! Just wish I could run away to Grande Provence.
Have a great weekend.

11 comments:

Brabourne Farm said...

I'd like to make a double booking for the weekend please (or maybe that should be for a week)! Looks like a wonderful place to truly indulge yourself. Have a lovely weekend. Leigh

vicki archer said...

What a beautiful place - I agree an escape there would be magical...Enjoy your weekend, xv.

Oliveaux said...

It looks like a perfect place to spend the weekend. Have a great weekend. Ax

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

How stunning! There are so many beautiful places in Franschhoek and that whole area. I loved the architecture and we had some pretty amazing food there as well. Definitely recommended for a getaway!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

What a combination. Beautiful vacation relaxing in luxury and then shopping for homewares and art. Nothing missing here! Have a great weekend. x Julie

Fabulously French said...

Gorgeous, if only it was a little bit closer!

Bon weekend,

Leeann x

One of my Hobby Blogs said...

OMG that place looks fantastic, I love that living/dining room!!! Those dining chairs - yum

Windlost said...

Sounds like heaven to me! A lovely spot indeed.

Bree Oliver said...

I will sure to check this place out on my upcoming trip to South Africa. Thanks for the tip!

Viera said...

What a fantastic place.
Have a nice weekend.
XX
V

Kellie Collis said...

Oh this looks incredible... What an amazing place! Fabulous find. xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin