Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Searching

In my narrow hallway is a tallow wood hall table made by my husband over 15 years ago. The lovely little shoe lasts that feature in my blog header used to sit on this table...

And whilst this table is quite serviceable and I love the fact that my husband made it with his own two hands, quite frankly I am tired of it after 15 years. I want to inject a bit of colour into our narrow, dark hallway. There are no drawers in our hall table - I want drawers. I want rustic, and I want green. Not a deep, dark green table, cupboard or chest, more like a sea foam green, a light apple green - something that looks fresh. I want something that looks like these:













So, I am searching, searching for that elusive hall table that is in the perfect shade of green, that has just the right amount of 'oldness' and that has two or three drawers. Wherever I go, I search for MY table - I will know it when I see it. I just know it will show up one day. In the meantime, I am prepared to wait.

[Images: 1 - me; 2 - Steven Randazzo via Brabourne Farm; 3 - First Option; 4 - Indenfor; 5 - NY Times; 6 - Wisteria; 7 - Real Simple]

10 comments:

Jacky said...

Mmmm.... nice Lee. I do love that colour green and it would look so beautiful in your gorgeous home.
My friend Coral bought a beautiful green dresser for her family room, looks lovely that infusion of green.

Jacky xox

Sweet Style said...

Oh yes such beautiful tables in that collection - will keep my eye out! Hopefully the wait will not be too long! Leanne

Kristine at The Painted Hive said...

Don't you just adore that love-hate hunt for ellusive items? I'll keep my eyes open for you too.
Kristine
xx

Millie said...

I thoroughly agree with your choice of colour Lee. Good luck locating your elusive table, I'm sure when it happens it will be a momentous occasion!
Millie ^_^

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh yes, go the green.... with drawers. I too will be on the lookout for you. A-M xx

The girl in the brick house said...

Gorgeous. It's fun to have something to hunt down! Jane

SHERRY HART said...

WOW...just had a scoot through your blog and "me likey"....you pictures are brilliant, especially the vignettes. I will definitely be following.
Sherry

Brit said...

Very nice pictures, so inspiring! Love your blog! Greetings from Paris!

Heather said...

Just checking in to look for some Melbourne shopping haunts and wondering how you are going. I reread this post as I'm looking for a new tv bench/sideboard and I wonder how you go with 'shelving' something your hubby has made?

Chad said...

I've seen pictures of that same dresser with the damask wallpaper. FYI, it's painted Spring Meadow Green by Benjamin Moore. So if you can't find the perfect piece, you could always do it yourself. I have an armoire from my grandmother that I'm planning to paint that color.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin