Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday Shop Post: Shelley Panton

If I ever had the nerve (and the money) to open a shop, I would love it to look like Shelley Panton's gorgeous little emporium @ 88 Park Road, Middle Park. It's chock full of beautiful objects and smack bang in the middle of the shop is Shelley's pottery wheel (you see her at the wheel in the picture below).

The shop of course carries Shelley's beautiful pottery - this is her eggshell stoneware collection:


Besides her own ceramics range, Shelley is a great supporter of Melbourne producers and artisans and she sells lots of other gorgeous, local wares...such as:

My favourite tea by Melbourne-based tea merchants Larsen & Thompson:

The ever so stylish dog leads and collars by Best in Park:

Greg Hatton's rustic timber furniture:

The fabulous Hookturn reusable coffee cups:

Pepperino's timber 'cooking stuff':

This is just a fraction of what's in store at Shelley Panton's shop - there's also beautiful photography, artworks, recycled timber frames, cushions etc etc etc. Well, really, you'll just have to check it out for yourself if you're ever in the neighbourhood.

[Images: 1-2 & 4-7 - Shelley Panton; 3 - Larsen & Thompson]

6 comments:

Kerry said...

Posts like this remind me that there are some reasons I'm glad I don't live in Melbourne...I'd never have any money in the bank!!

Jane said...

Have never been there. Very rustic. I must get one of those do-gooder coffee cups! xoxo

Thea said...

It looks wonderful. I don't know how she could stop and serve customers though lol.

count it all joy said...

Just let me know when you open your little shop....I'll be amongst your first customers! Love all these. Meredy xo.

Shelley Panton said...

Hey, thanks for posting about my studio, I just stumbled across your blog when I was researching something else.. Yes, how do I work on the wheel and serve customers at the same time ?? I generally pot earlier in the week when it's quiet, and it only takes a sec to wipe my hands if someone would like my help to wrap something to take home. 15 months into it. Haven't looked back since I opened the doors 13 months ago!

Millie said...

Lovely to read Shelley's comment Lee - she sounds a delight, just as her gorgeous store looks to be.
Millie ^_^

Blog Widget by LinkWithin