Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm happy because...

Today I'm happy because...
It's been raining (and it's been a very long time since we've had rain in Melbourne)...

I have hyacinths on my desk...

and tulips in my living room...

best of all, I have a full weekend of 'nothingness' ahead of me...

Image from Luigi Rosselli

and, I read this beautiful quote over at A Cup of Jo...


"I must learn to love the fool in me--the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me against that utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for my fool." Theodore I. Rubin, M.D.

What's making you happy right now? Make sure you embrace the fool in you & have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Oliveaux said...

I too have a weekend of 'nothingness' planned - looking forward to it is making me happy right now! Have a beautiful weekend. Amanda x

Unknown said...

I might have an enforced weekend of nothingness - not feeling too well unfortunately!
Love your beautiful flowers - now I think I might go off and get some too.
Lee there's a shop in Melbourne that I'd love you to blog about if you ever happen to go there - Guy Matthews Vintage Industrial Furniture in Fitzroy. I saw it featured in a magazine and it looked great.
Have a good weekend.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin