Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday far away: Clove Hall, Penang

Back again after a rather busy few days - I haven't even had a chance to check my emails since Tuesday!!  So of course, with things so hectic I am dreaming of a holiday to some far flung place (preferably warm & sunny) and I have started to do some 'research' (read web surfing) to narrow down the choices for a holiday later in the year.
In the course of my internet travels I happened upon Clove Hall in Penang - a beautiful heritage listed privately owned boutique hotel. This gorgeous colonial gem is owned by Christopher Ong, who also owns/operates the marvellous Galle Fort Hotel in Sri Lanka.  If I ever venture to Penang, this will be on my 'must stay' list. Here's why...

The Cinnamon Suite (my fave):





The Cardamon Suite:

The Saffron Suite:

The Star Anise Suite:

The public areas:





The exterior - verandah and pool area:



Hope you have a lovely weekend. I'll be finishing a piece of 'art' I'm creating to hang over my fireplace and helping my husband renovate our son's bedroom - that means helping him put up cornice & paint the walls (I will share the results with you once the room is complete).

[All images from Clove Hall]

1 comment:

One of my Hobby Blogs said...

that's a big WOW from me!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin