Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Today I'm loving...

Catching up on reading some of my favourite blogs and lots of other swoon-worthy sites, I've come across quite a few things that (to me) are quite frankly gorgeous and worth committing to memory...

A mix of these Cool Galah towels would great in the bathroom - I'm thinking a mix of circles & stripes in neutrals:


The marvellous Shannon Fricke knows a thing or two about beautiful interiors - following the link to the fair trade company, The Blue Caravan, that appeared on Shannon's site I happened upon this tea towel that's definitely a frameable piece of kitchen art:
I have this very clock hanging in my living room, but really, how gorgeous do these earthenware pots filled with natives and succulents (by Flowers by Teresa) look sitting in front of it:

Lucy over at The Design Files (one of my fave Melbourne blogs) did a wonderful post today on a fabulous, stylish, delicious rental house at Daylesford - pop on over to see the full tour. It's beautiful. Now if I could just talk my hubby around to a weekend away in Daylesford I could experience this beautiful home first-hand.

And finally, a little bit of organisation goes a long way...I spied these beautiful spice jars over at D Sharp Journal and I think they're just the inspiration I need to sort out the mess of mix-matched, unlabelled spice jars I have sulking away in the bottom drawer because they have been woefully neglected.  I'm taking a work hiatus soon and one of the things on the top of my personal 'to do' list is to clean out the spice drawer and as a  reward cook a beautiful, spicy meal!

Bit of a 'mixed bag' post today, but hey, that's just the way I'm feeling at the moment - I'm leaping from one piece of work to another, one blog or website to another, one phone call to another. Just can't seem to keep my mind trained on one specific thing!

7 comments:

Windlost said...

Hi Lee, great collection of finds. Love the towels and printed tea towel. How pretty. Hope you are well and thanks for stopping by! xo Terri

The House That A-M Built said...

One can get so lost in the time/space continuum when one finds new blogs.... lovely finds. Just going to pour a wine after a long day and 'get lost'. A-M xx

Millie said...

I'm always looking for good online shopping recommendations Lee - these look great thanks!
Millie ^_^

mondocherry said...

Those spice jars are just what I need too. Thanks for the recommendations.
Clare x

Ann said...

I love it when others do the legwork (keyboard work I suppose) for me - great selection, thank you. I love that tea towel. I'm off for a look.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Thanks for joining my giveaway! Goodluck and nice blog!!

JOE. D said...

Thanks for the bath towel link. Going there right now. I like your mixed-post tonight - suits my mood too. Maybe it is the cold winter weather but I am so happy just checking other peoples blog (and am neglecting mine - doh!!) so loved all your links (-:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin