Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday shop post: Morris Brown

Earlier this year my husband, son and I spent a lovely Saturday afternoon at Healesville - a small town in the Yarra Valley about an hour's drive from Melbourne. We had a great lunch at the Giant Steps/Innocent Bystander Winery, spent a leisurely couple of hours wandering around the Healesville Sanctuary checking out the kangaroos, koalas, echidnas etc, and during a coffee pitstop in the main street I checked out Morris Brown - a very earthy, very gorgeous homewares store.  Indulging in my love of ampersands I bought this very large wooden ampersand that now looks right at home in my living room:


Anyway, seeing the pictures below on the Morris Brown website reminds me that I must venture out to the Yarra Valley again very soon. It's such a lovely part of the world.
















As you can see, all the goods at Morris Brown are artfully displayed and it's really lovely to just walk around the shop.

P.S. Please note that all of the shops that I post in my Monday shop posts are solely for my own viewing pleasure - they're just stores that I personally like to frequent, or I am simply flagging for myself somewhere that I would like to visit. They are not sponsored/endorsed posts.

[With the exception of the first image, all images are from Morris Brown]

5 comments:

Ann said...

Divine shop... even their pencil sharpeners look covetable. I love your ampersand - Call me a geek but I love that word - we just don't use it enough!!

Ange said...

What a great looking store and such a variety of wares. I would be going home with my hands full if I visited so probably just as well I live so far away!
Angex

Julie said...

Hi Lee
I love Morris Brown Shop, so gorgeous, I haven't been to yarra velley for ages. I am less than an hour away, Perhaps I will tag along when you venture YV next time.
Julie xx

Kristine at The Painted Hive said...

I so love your shop posts Lee. I'm only about 30 mins. from Healesville though hardly ever go out there. I'll have to make a special trip soon. This store looks devine.
Kristine
xox

Millie said...

I've just been reading about M&B in this month's Country Style Lee. This is my kind of shop big time - how did your DH ever get you back into the car for the drive home!
Millie ^_^

Blog Widget by LinkWithin