Friday, July 2, 2010

Somewhere in Sydney

Somewhere in Sydney...that's where I've been the past few days, soaking up a bit of winter sunshine, hence the lack of posts since Monday.

Whilst in Sydney, we took in the harbour by ferry...

Passed by the iconic Sydney Opera House...

And, taking the ferry, we went all the way down to Watson's Bay to walk in the national park and take in the sight of the South Head entry to the harbour...
(Watson's Bay looking back towards the city)


(South Heads - entry to the Sydney Harbour)

(Another view of the Heads)

We watched the ice skaters skating in the shadow of St Mary's Cathedral...


And we wandered the back streets of Paddington and Woollahra gazing at the gorgeous terraces with their lovely architectural detail...



(The redeveloped Paddington Reservoir)

(A close-up of the arches at the Paddington Reservoir)

All in all, it feels like we walked a million miles in three days we were in Sydney. I wish I'd had a sunshine yellow Vespa to ride around on instead, just like this cute one I spotted on the street in Surrey Hills...

6 comments:

Erica Lee said...

Vespa... a piece of Italy in Sidney.
Beautiful pictures... as usual I "fly" thinking about Australia.

Erica Lee from Italy

Amanda said...

Gorgeous pics! I love Sydney too - one of my favourite things to do when we're there is wander around Paddington admiring all the beautiful terrace houses. Looks like you had nice sunny days to enjoy there.

One of my Hobby Blogs said...

love the tour luv!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

HI Lee
Well one of these days I should meet up with you when you are here.. funnily .. as i am not working in town at present you seem to have seen more than me.. ie the skating rink... How strange that image seems...

Your photos are wonderful.. I love the photos of the heads.. they always fill me with awe.. such much power in their beauty!!

have a lovely weekend.. xxx Julie

Ann said...

You're in my old stomping ground! We lived in Paddo - just behind the market... love the new Reservoir (although both my sons ended up in the water feature...!) Enjoy Sydney - looks like the sun is shining. A x

Brabourne Farm said...

Lee it looks like you had a fabulous time in Sydney! It's always so interesting to see how other people see your city .... I have to say I liked looking at it through your eyes! Hope you have a lovely weekend. Leigh

Blog Widget by LinkWithin