Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday shop post: Zacher Antiques

It's been quite a hectic Monday, so I'm just scraping in with a short and sweet Monday shop post before the clock strikes midnight...
Today's shop: Zacher Antiques. Looks pretty boring from the outside, right? But cross the threshold and Zacher Antiques will have you ooohing and aaahing if antiques are your thing. Lovely 'shop tour' images right here.

Zacher Antiques is located in one of my favourite areas, Bridport Street, Albert Park. It's a very small shop that crams a lot into it, even the furniture restoration workshop at the back. And, it's well worth climbing the very, very steep and very, very narrow staircase to look at the goodies on the second floor. Most of the stock is pretty pricey, but there are still some 'reasonably priced' items to be found. Here are just a few of my favourite items currently in store...

Turkish pots

This fabulous 19th century French oak armoire

I love the weathered blue/grey patina on these doors - just wish I had a house to put them on!

These Thonet bentwood stools would look great at my kitchen island bench

These little garden stools would look terrific inside or out

Another door, this one with a wrought iron insert

Wine bottle drying rack.  I saw one just like this at the newish Capital Kitchen cafe:

(Image from here)

Marble top garden table - I think this would look great either inside or out too.

[Apart from image of Capital Kitchen, all images are from Zacher Antiques]

2 comments:

One of my Hobby Blogs said...

amazing - gorgeous stuff, I wish you put the prices with the pics, it would be interesting to know... ta luv

Heather said...

Those stools would look great at my bench too! Any idea of the price?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin