Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Flowers from my mother-in-law

While I was out lunching with some girlfriends on Sunday my dear husband visited his mother to install a new clothes line for her...later that afternoon he arrived home clutching in his hands a large bunch of protea and a small posy of lavender from my mother-in-law's garden. I was so chuffed that she had thought to pick these from her garden so that I can enjoy them in my home. The protea are now residing on a small table in the living area...

And the lavender is happily sitting in a vase atop of my old filing cabinet near the front door - it's such a sweet smell when you walk in and out the front door...

Each time I look at the flowers I realise how lucky I am to have such a thoughtful mother-in-law.

2 comments:

Julie@beingRUBY said...

HI Lee. Thank you for your lovely, lovely comments, they are all so appreciated and make my week so much better. The proteas must of been a nice surprise. And lavendar too!! It's the little things isn't it?

Geisslein said...

Lovely words, lovely post!!!
sunny greetings from germany, geisslein

Blog Widget by LinkWithin