Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday morning shop post - Origen Imports

Origen Imports has a gorgeous array of jewellery and clothing and also a smattering of homewares from faraway places such as Thailand, Morroco, Guatemala and South Africa. There are three shops - one at Collins Place in the city, one in South Melbourne and the third at the Southgate complex by the Yarra River. I've been to the Collins Place and South Melbourne shops (the Sth Melb shop is shown in the pic below) and there are so many beautiful one-off pieces.

As the Origen site states...

Owner Rose Marie Stirling has spent over 15 years travelling the world in an ongoing adventure to source her diverse collection. The result fuses exquisite jewellery and home wares from distant lands, with clothing labels by Australian designers, reflecting our love of the eclectic mix of Global cultures.

Yes, it's definitely an eclectic mix and there's something for everyone in store - I have often found birthday gifts in these lovely shops.

Most of the pics on the site show the extensive jewellery collection. I just love the beautifully photographed images...




(Images: Origen Imports)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

very cool ..the first few are amazing!

Jacky said...

How beautiful. I love their jewellery and those gorgeous little cushions and worry dolls.

Jacky xox

Ness Lockyer said...

Next time I am in Melbourne, I am hiring you to take me on a shopping tour! Another great find.
Ness xx

Unknown said...

Love the silver jewellery. I think I'd be continually broke if I lived in Melbourne.
Hope you had a lovely long weekend.

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Always something interesting here Lee. I always buy jewellery when I am on holidays, that way it reminds me of my trip. But this is definitely a good alternative! Hope your weekend was fun. Julie

Fabulously French said...

Gorgeous, I wish that we had a shop like that here....that said I am pleased in a way that we don't as I would always be there buying something.
I loved Guatemala and plan on going back soon, it is one of my favourite countries next to Morocco, France and India...:-)

Bon semaine

Leeann

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

I love stores like this - where you can spend hours looking at all the interesting things and hearing about where they came from. I love how colorful it is.

anythinggoeshere said...

Isn t that a lovely combination of products. What a fun job she has looking for things to add to this lovely shop. xo Joan

Purple Berries said...

Read you post on bird paintings. If you love watercolour birds check out Toni Kelly http://kellyinkstudio.com/artwork.html her watercolour and her calligraphy are amazing.

Kaz

Blog Widget by LinkWithin