Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday morning shop post - Market Import

It's getting cold and wintery here in Melbourne so I thought I'd brighten things up with a little taste of Mexico in Melbourne in the form of Market Import. This lovely homewares shop is hidden away in Morey Place behind the High Street, Armadale shopping area. It's been around for over 20 years, so obviously Melburnians like the vibrant goods on offer.

This green Mexican fabric makes a wonderful backdrop, and wouldn't the little chest of drawers make a wonderful addition to a child's room...
Vibrant appliqued cushions that would brighten up any outdoor area...

Tin star-shaped light fittings would also look lovely outdoors on a verandah... Green glass bell-shaped light fittings...

Mexican tin mirror and rustic ceramic planters...

Green ceramic plates and bowls with Marimekko fabric used as a tablecloth (I actually have this fabric stretched over a canvas and hanging in my hallway - I love it)...


Brightly striped yellow & white sun lounge cushions (doesn't the pinky-orange gate at the back of the shop look fantastic - it fits right in with the Mexican theme of the courtyard)... Well I think that between this post and my post from last Thursday I've had my quota of 'brightness', so it's back to my favourites now, i.e. lots of muted tones, neutrals and whites for me.

(Images: Market Import)

7 comments:

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Lee. I saw this shop at the gift fair in sydney one year! Melbourne definately has better shopping than sydney! I love all the tin and glassware. I will go have a look at their site. You always have interesting shop posts! Hope you had a good weekend!

Viera said...

Fantastic shop.
I looove green glass bell light.
Thanks a lot.
X
V

Unknown said...

What a fantastic shop! Love those "ABC" drawers and the green wallpaper too!
Lovely!
Simone :)

Millie said...

We had a similiar store in Adelaide a few years ago called Mexican Market. It was the cutest place & quite chic & stylish. I must wander past & see if its still there. Love those tin star-shaped lights, they'd look great in our courtyard. Glad to hear you're feeling better.
Millie ^_^

Unknown said...

I've been to this shop a couple of times, on my visits to Melbourne. I also love the tiny Sanders and King store next door.

Kellie Collis said...

Oh i love those cushions and that mirror is amazing.... Fabulous post!

Jacky said...

I remember this shop from our day out with Jo...
Love the green glass bell shaped light and that crockery.

Jacky xox

Blog Widget by LinkWithin