Friday, June 12, 2009

How long is a piece of string?

Firstly, I must apologise for the lack of posts this week. It's been a tough week. I hope next week will be better.

So, how long is a piece of string, or twine, or raffia? As long as you cut it!

String and twine are such beautiful, practical, utalitarian products. What would we do without them? With string or twine we can make things, tie our newspapers for recycling, wrap gifts, hold plants to stakes, and so much more. Looking at these images of string, twine and raffia, it's easy to see the beauty in such everyday products...









(Images: 1 - James Merrell; 2 - Eva Lindh; 3 & 4 - Cox and Cox; 5 - Est; 6 - Bird Haven; 7 - Hen and Hammock; 8 & 9 - Re-found Objects)

6 comments:

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Oh Lee, I hope your weekend is better. I think there is something in the air this week. But your post is making me feel better already. Those earthy images of string and kitchen tools reminds me of happy childhood days. The things we could make out of string when we were kids! Lovely post!

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

Sorry you've had a tough week. I hope things are looking better. These are lovely images, as always.

Julie said...

Hi Lee
I am very slow this week too. Sure next week will be better. Just came to see what you were up to..
Have a wonderful weekend!

x Julie

The House That A-M Built said...

Who would have thought string could look so fabulous! I hope your week is better next week. Sometimes it's nice to escape to bloggy blog land in order to forget your cares for a while. Have great weekend Lee! A-M xx

Millie said...

What a bugger the week has been 'less than optimal' Lee! Regroup, refresh & hit the ground running next week - I know you're just the girl to do it.
Millie ^_^

Fabulously French said...

Great post, I am planning on wrapping all purchases from my shop with brown paper and string and some fabulous tags that have the fleur de lys stamped on them - bought them on etsy!

Bon semaine,

Leeann x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin