Thursday, February 12, 2009

Black barn and the black dog

Work is frantic, the 'to do' list is threatening to run to two pages, I have no idea what to cook for dinner tonight, the dog's been digging in (what's left of) my garden again, and my last holiday feels like it was decades ago. So, what I'd really like to do is run away for a few days to Black Dog Cottage at Black Barn Vineyards in Hawkes Bay, New Zealand. Doesn't it look blissful (I could soak up the view all day long).

Driving in this is what greets you...


Open the door front door and drop your bags here...

Take a few steps and drink in the view...

Open a bottle of wine that's just waiting for you in the kitchen...

Or perhaps have a relaxing soak in the tub...

And at the end of the day, retire to your bed...
All images are courtesy of Black Barn Vineyards. They have several other 'retreats' available too - all just as stunning, if not more so.

5 comments:

Siobhan said...

love the ouside, the living and that view! new zealanders always do it so nice don't they?

Millie said...

If it wasn't so far I'd make a booking straight up on behalf of Son #5. I've just a spent an hour on the Internet trawling though country cottages with him. He'd promised his gorgeous girl a night away for Valentine's Day on Sat. & wandered over tonight thinking maybe he should book something.

35 phone calls later we've finally found something for him & they doubled their normal tariff as punishment for him being so forgetful! Ah the joys of motherhood!
Millie ^_^

The House That A-M Built said...

What a coincidence. I was just adding you to my blogroll when you left me a comment. Thank you for your lovely words. LOVE your blog! A-M xx

Unknown said...

I have a picture from the living room of this place saved on my computer for a future post. It looks fantastic doesn't it?
I've yet to go to NZ, but it certainly is a place I'd love to visit, particularly as one of my best friends is a New Zealander and she can direct me to all the good places.

Millie said...

Hi Lee - Happy Weekend & I have left a little acknowledgement for you over at The Hedge.
Millie ^_^

Blog Widget by LinkWithin