Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What's seasonal now?

Image from Sunset magazine

Ever wondered exactly what flowers are in season now? And I'm not just talking about the hothouse flowers sold in the shops. Well, Grandiflora has kindly solved this problem - their site has a nifty little section that tells you exactly what's blooming every month of the year. Did you know that here in Australia the following flowers are in bloom in February: callicarpa berry, dahlia, water lilies, tuber rose, siam tulip, hydrangea, lotus pods, lotus flowers, roses, gardenias.

They've inspired me to buy some tulips and tuber roses for my house (two of my favourites). I'll post some pics after I've been to the florist.


Image courtesy of Grandiflora

2 comments:

Heather said...

What a great reference for planting a cutting garden. Thanks

Heather said...

Oh and you've been tagged in a game of Blogspot!
www.hisfor.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin