Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sunshine in the corner


The thing I love most about this image is the sunshine in the corner of the room. I think I'd have a big, comfy chair right in that spot and a table right next to it so I could lay my book and cup of tea there. That would be bliss! This got me thinking...what brings sunshine to my corner of the world? These are just a few of the things that bring sunshine to my life...
  • a fierce hug from my son
  • a long, lazy lunch with girlfriends
  • soaking in the bathtub, reading a home magazine
  • the scent of a tuber rose candle
  • a book that's so good it transports me to another time and place (I think that's called escapism!!)
  • making others happy
  • chocolate coated ginger
  • a cup of T2 green jasmine tea
  • a bunch of white flowers
  • stealing away for an afternoon nap

One of my favourite quotes is from Ralph Waldo Emerson:

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air...

Do you ever think about what brings 'sunshine' to your life?

9 comments:

Leigh said...

I love that room too--the vaulted ceiling, the art and the way its hung, and the sunshine too.

Millie said...

What a simply beautiful post Lee! You've made me stop for a moment & think about 'sunshine things' & that's a jolly good thing. Great ooks, freshly shucked oysters & a glass of very good bubbly, the right of free speech, supportive work colleagues, my family gathered around the table, MOTH's need to defend me to the end, our roaring wood fire in winter....and so many more!!
Millie ^_^

Ness Lockyer said...

Lovely photo Lee,
I would have to say hearing our boys laughing, a wood fire, gardenias at Christmas, random colours in Hydrangeas, the feel of linen and wicker, the smell of a baby when they wake, the stars in the country.........
Ness xx

Mrs B said...

Simple things give me the greatest pleasure...a beautiful scented candle, flowers, birds in the wild, 100 year old gum trees, the sound of wind rustling through their leaves, a thunderstorm, a fireplace, lunch with the girls, walking through the park near my home at dusk or early morning, Palm Cove, my 3 boys together and behaving well!

Mrs B

Unknown said...

Lee my list would almost be exactly the same as you - minus the choc coated ginger (but my mum would join you on that one!) and the tea. I'd replace them with an afternoon at the movies and the sound of rain on my tin roof while my son and I are tucked in safe and sound. But other than that - ditto!

Heather said...

Lee I know exactly what you mean. I remember walking all the way around a fast food restaurant until I found a table in the sunshine.

Dot said...

Beuatiful post Lee. And I enjoyed reading your list of what brings sunshine to your life. You list says a lot about your special heart.

I often think of what brings sunshine to my life. Try to keep thankfulness ever present in my heart. Find it is always the little things that bring me joy.

So pleased you are enjoying blogging - feel free to pop over to my blog and say hi.

Dot xx

Geisslein said...

I´m glad that you like this picture too - and wish you a beautiful day today! greetings from germany, geisslein

The House That A-M Built said...

What a beautiful list you have made... the perfect list.. I love all those things too.. all I would add is the sound of my boys belly laughing. I love to hear them laugh...it makes me feel like I have done the best job in the world as a Mum, producing happy boys. A-M xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin