Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tagged

I've been tagged by the lovely Heather at H is for in a game of blogspot. The idea is to show everyone your blogging space. So here goes nothing...

As part of the game you're meant to say a few things about your blogging space:

  1. I mainly work from home so often this is my view for 8+ hours a day (except when I pop out for a quick coffee or to hang some washing on the line).
  2. On my desk is a photo of my beloved husband and son (okay, it's really a prompt so I remember to pick my son up from school at 3.30pm each day)
  3. Right beneath the computer screen is a Kombi ornament that belongs to my husband - how it ended up on my desk I'll never know!! Our office area is one big long bench and my hubby's desk area is right down the other end.
  4. The rock right next to the Kombi was a gift from my son - it makes a great paperweight.
  5. I always keep candles on my desk and when I'm feeling stuck for inspiration I light them (I particularly like voluspa candles - there are 2 here; one big & one small).
  6. A few bits of decor inspiration are pinned to the painted magnetic wall behind my desk. These change all the time.
  7. The large photo/picture is of the famous St Kilda Pier kiosk here in Melbourne which sadly burnt down a couple of years ago (they rebuilt a replica but it's just not the same!!).

Now, according to Heather, the rules of the game are:

  1. Once you are tagged, post a picture of where you blog. This might mean a picture of your desk or perhaps your bed, or maybe even your living area. Feel free to be creative, but be honest--if your desk is usually covered in Ritz crackers and love letters to Brad Pitt, then show us!
  2. Feel free to tell us a little about your space, or explain certain items in more detail. Or not.
  3. Link back to this post. (I want to see how far this goes!)
  4. Tag five other bloggers to show their blog spots.
  5. If you are tagged and do not participate, you will become allergic to cabbage.

I'm relatively new to the blogging world and don't really 'know' many bloggers, but I do know that I'd really like to see the blogging spaces of the following wonderful, stylish, sophisticated, daring women (is that enough bribery to make you play along??). So I'm tagging:

The Laurel Hedge

Simply Natural

Marley & Lockyer

Lily-G

Decorating a Modern Home.

6 comments:

Millie said...

Oh dear Lee, now you've opened a can of worms! As I'm on the road (& in planes) so much, I blog in numerous spaces & on numerous computers, so I'll have to post a few pics. Thanks for tagging me (I think!!.

Your space looks wonderful, a real haven. You have really set the bar very high!
Millie ^_^

Windlost said...

Your workspace looks very creative -like an interesting person with an active mind works there. I like all your little things, and the rabbit screensaver(?) too!

Ness Lockyer said...

I will have to post a few also...you'll see why!!! ;(
Ness xx

Heather said...

So Lee, what do you work from home as? You appear to have a creative mind or is creativity just a foil for intellectualism?

Lee said...

Thanks for dropping by Heather. In response to your question - I'm an Instructional Designer (which is just a fancy name for someone who designs & writes learning and assessment materials). So, in short, I write for a living.

Mrs B said...

Hi Lee
How exciting! first time I have been tagged. I will write about my desk tomorrow night with pics of course! Its not a pretty sight as I am in a rental at the moment so we have junk every where.
Mrs B

Blog Widget by LinkWithin