Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday morning shop post - HFOC

Okay, my plan is that every Monday I'll try to do a post on a Melbourne shop that I find interesting and stylish. So...first cab off the rank is Home Furniture On Consignment. I love this shop - it's always full of interesting pieces and there's an ever changing array of objects given that a lot of their furniture is put in the shop on consignment (hence the name). It's practically a Sydney institution and it's only in the last year or two that Melbourne has been lucky enough to have their own version of this amazing shop. So without any further dilly dallying here are just a few photos courtesy of their site...

I love all the white vases grouped together on this table - but I wouldn't buy them 'wholesale' like this because I think that half the fun would be in collecting them piece by piece to build up a beautiful collection...

I know that some think that lettering is a bit passe but I love all the different sizes and colours grouped together...

These vintage cathedral etchings look fantastic grouped like this and they're relatively inexpensive at approx $80 each...
The tram scroll is a great piece of Melbourne history, but alas at $890 it doesn't come cheap...
My husband would love this original Arne Jacobsen 'egg' chair in our lounge area, but at $14,500 he's going to have to keep on dreaming. Maybe if we win the lottery I might let him have it...

A few vintage mirrors over a great couch, pop in a few cushions, a sweet coffee table and 'hey presto' you've got a very nice lounge area...


Don't think much of the console or vases, but absolutely loving these portraits...


A vintage Danish drinks cabinet - the grain in this is amazing...

These Kantha quilts which have been handmade in India would add a shot of colour to any decor...


All images courtesy of Home Furniture on Consignment.

3 comments:

Dot said...

Hi Lee

Jacky told me you had started a blog so I was very keen to come and visit!

Blogging is a great way of connecting to like minds and sharing with others. Am sure you will enjoy it.

Jacky gets lots of visitors to her blog - always lots of lovely things to look at.

I enjoyed this post. And will look forward to your future ones :)

Dot

Heather said...

I can't wait for your Melbourne shopping tips! I've moved from WA to Bendigo late last year and now we have bought a house that I need to decorate.

Adding you to my Favourite Blogs in Netvibes!

Unknown said...

Melbourne has such fantastic shops, so I'm looking forward to your Monday posts.
It's uncanny - in my post for today I feature a Melbourne tram scroll too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin